Sunday, September 5, 2010

Peyton Manning Project

Happy Labor Day! I thought since the start of the NFL football season is almost almost upon us..I would share a step by step progression of a Peyton Manning magazine cover I have been working on for my portfolio. Below is the rough sketch I started with...








Next, when I had it looking like I wanted with the right Peyton cockeyed smile, I tightened up the sketch...


At the last minute, I added some cross hatching lines, then I scanned it in to do the coloring...


I was pretty happy with it, but it just didn't look finished. After thinking about it for awhile, I thought it would be neat as a magazine cover. However, since Sports Illustrated hadn't called me to do a cover for them yet, I created a fake magazine called Sports, and dropped the illustration into it. With some added text and some tweaking of the eyes to make them look at the reader, here's how it turned out.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment